Friday, April 29, 2011

5 Days


I leave for El Salvador in 5 days and I'm nervous, excited, optimistic, cautious, (un)prepared..wondering what to think.

This is going to be completely new for me, and this whole week all that has been on my mind is that I just want to get there already and adjust and face the bugs and the new food, and realize that it's all going to be fine.

I'm really excited. I can't wait to get to know the city of San Salvador like I was born there, and fall in love with the people I meet, and actually come back with some street Spanish and some great stories.

Our country directors and the whole crew at Help International has been encouraging us to make goals for our experiences.

Here is what I want:
-Be less intimidated to speak Spanish
-Come back with a stronger passion to be involved in international development my whole life
-Make every person I come in contact with feel important and loved


and some more...but I don't want to have too many expectations before I leave, because I'm sure my perspective will change after I'm there.

image via

No comments:

Post a Comment